THE AMERICAN SLAVERY PROJECT
• Is a theatrical response to revisionism in American discourse about enslavement and its aftermath.
• Centers African-American playwrights who write about the eras
• Creates conversation in the community.
• Provides educational workshops for students and adults.
• Makes vital connections between our past and today.
• Creates original work.
--"Unheard Voices" is a monologue play with music, based on the burials at African Burial Ground, bringing to life anonymous African descended New Yorkers from colonial times.
--"The Haunted Files" was created from the actual files of the Eugenics Records office.